CatapultEMS is a certified iKeepSafe partner which ensures that CatapultEMS has undergone an independent, trusted assessment, and are compliant with FERPA.
Primary Federal & California Laws Covered
- The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
- Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (“PPRA”)
- California Education Code 49073.6 - Collection of Student Information from Social Media
- California AB 1584, Education Code section 49073.1 - Privacy of Pupil Records: 3rd-Party Digital Storage & Education Software
- Student Online Personal Information Protection Act (“SOPIPA”)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”)
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”)
The iKeepSafe FERPA Certification allows schools to easily determine whether or not a website, app, data management platform or other technology product could be used in compliance with FERPA, applicable state laws and local policies.
CatapultEMS was assessed for compliance with the iKeepSafe FERPA Assessment guidelines and maintains a product profile (iKeepProfile) detailing the data collection and handling practices, as well as other relevant policies.
Student Privacy Certification
The California Student Privacy Certification builds on iKeepSafe's FERPA Assessment and COPPA Safe Harbor, which help educators and parents find products that meet the expectations of federal privacy laws. Earning the iKeepSafe California Student Privacy Badge helps CatapultEMS demonstrate their leadership in this area, just as California policymakers have been leading the way in establishing new student data privacy protections.
We Help K12 Schools & Districts With Emergency Management
Attend a virtual demo of our software and run your team through a code red drill. Call (855) 550-9006.